Strategy Advice, Gameplay Tips, Base Designs, Online Fleet Planner Shipyard

It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:11 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: DNX Advice
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:28 am 
Stowaway
Stowaway

Hello folks,

My first post! I have just won DN-X in the raid - and I am thrilled as my current "best" hull is BC. I want to use my new hull as a stepping stone in missions and future raids to win other hulls (if you know what I mean).

My feeling is to go down the ballistic route - i don't have assault missiles yet, although I do have assault mortars? I could of course use Cut 3 and/or 4?

I have cannon 3 - speed system 3 - and not a huge amount more than any lvl 50 would have. I have a variety of armours - so my gut feeling was thuds, plus 2 siege cannon, high evade armour, GS3, cannon 3, speed system 3, and CX3 armour.

Any advice gratefully received!

Godric - 391.

Post subject: Re: DNX Advice
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:47 pm 
Bpoutpost Moderator
Bpoutpost Moderator

Ballistics are a very slow build, I would probably use mortars for your first DNX fleet, I am going to be looking at a few builds myself for DNX very soon so I will be watching this one closely.

If I recall shockwave mortar is a popular choice with some added phalanx or hails but seeing as I dont have any DNX built you are best not to take my word for that

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:21 pm 
Bpoutpost Moderator
Bpoutpost Moderator

Welcome to the forum Godric

Grats for the hull too ! It`s been my first top prize in an event a year ago and it is the hull that made me win every events since then.

On the 2nd picture, you see the build of both my fleets of dread-x.

The fleet of mortar Is pretty much invincible in any base that rely on vic mortar for defense.
It`s not the best build ever, and it s starting to be outdated a bit, but I can still hit many base (usually from level 40 to 55)
It will do a good job in any fight where you have to gun down incomming mortars, while shooting at immobile targets from a distance.
Downside : lack of speed, huge firing arc from siege S, and lose too much dps against 2 bombard or more

The ballistic fleet, was for me somehow a disapointement....
No doubt that anything that gets in range of the Siege canon S will be destroyed in a matter of seconds, but it s not the best hull to carry ballistic weapon I think..
1-It s not designed to blitz bases
2-the speed of the hull is too low to avoid incomming mortar
3-The mixed weapons makes the fleet vulnerable if not driven manually
4- In fvf , you take too much dammage while getting to your target (slow speed again)

For a first fleet, I would suggest you to build mortar.... and I d say use 6 or 7 shockwave L ...
I have a design i d like to build(if i ever have time)
wich would look something like what I posted on the 1st picture
I believe that a fleet like that would do very good in the new event type, and could destroy some bases.. (maybe not enough armor for bases as it is though)

I could talk about that all night, but I`m afraid that if i don t go to sleep, I ll regret it tomorrow...

Attachments:
dread2.jpg
dread2.jpg [ 114.6 KiB | Viewed 3574 times ]
Dread-x.jpg
Dread-x.jpg [ 123.19 KiB | Viewed 3574 times ]

In 2015 I'll still be a pirate, but not in BP
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/about-the-game

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:08 am 
Stowaway
Stowaway

Thanks for the info Justgreen!

I have started my DNX build - although it requires so much res, I am doing it in 2 stages! Stage 1 was 1 weapon, 1 special and 7 days!

I am surprised at the number of counter measures - anti missile/mort on your build - I was going to go for one of each - but I bow to your knowledge!

Have you used that build (morts) on missions and raids too?

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:13 pm 
Bpoutpost Moderator
Bpoutpost Moderator

Godric wrote:
Thanks for the info Justgreen!

I have started my DNX build - although it requires so much res, I am doing it in 2 stages! Stage 1 was 1 weapon, 1 special and 7 days!

I am surprised at the number of counter measures - anti missile/mort on your build - I was going to go for one of each - but I bow to your knowledge!

Have you used that build (morts) on missions and raids too?

Thanks

I tried to reply at work but it took so much time, that i timed out losing the info... busy day ...

You are welcome Godric! That`s what we re here for.. amongst other things ;-)

My mortar build is an old one from a year ago... so it is no longer the king of the seas...
For today`s standard, It doesn t have enough armor and definately not enough missile defense and ballistic defense..
Also there is too many hail-b for any base that has javelins or halo...
That fleet was specifically designed to destroy bases that have 6-7 victory mortar in defense...

If I had to design a fleet for todays top base, I would use something with Shock L... I d get rid of siege-S because it s easily countered by enemy hailstorms...
Speed system 3 is a must... thank god you have it !
I wouldn t use GS3 anymore since it s too heavy... I would max out missile and ballistic defense instead... So alloy armor MC would be the best... if you don t have it, I d go either RA3+D4-C or Layered armor 3+ D4-M, depending if you wanna fight mostly halo or mostly javelins..
3rd special would be a bonus to explosive weapons pick any amongst the 4 choices depending on the weight available or your personal preference... (HE3, range finder3, explosive system3, combustion system)
Finally, the 4th special can be whatever you like... gs3 good but heavy, countermeasure system.. or if you don t know use hull streamline instead of leaving it empty..

As for the guns, if you use Shock L, you ll want as many as possible, leaving you with only a few slots to spare for countermeasure... (it s risky to use 5 or less shockwaves)

As you are building them in stage, you will have plenty of time to think about your build...
http://bp.tel4u.gr/?ZF010310ZC013OMEOMF ... C16C26SZFZ

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:49 pm 
Master Sailor
Master Sailor

I got dnx as well, and my total build time is over 4 months -_-

I'm making a raiding/fvf fleet with negotiator 3 mortars, and a meat shield countermeasure ship that will be more heavily armored. The low arc of the nego3's will allow me to destroy targets more quickly, thus taking less damage and incurring less repairs during the raid - and they should be able to destroy fleets too. Their mid-range weight will also render bombard/hails just about useless (as I'll have so many.) The build's only shortcomings are build time, and lack of extra building damage.

I have no cargo BP's yet, which complicates things :P

Also, starting with thuds so I can rank them 4 at a time while I re-fit them incrementally.

What really sucks is that I won't be able to use them to do better in raids pretty much until they're done. I might just use peacemaker mortars for now... Any ideas?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:32 am 
Bpoutpost Moderator
Bpoutpost Moderator

Rebmes, I would suggest you to use another gun than Neg 3 ... or at least not right now..

1-I heard rumors that this gun does not deal enough dps to be worth it ...

2-Kix may reduce the build time in the futur
(Posseidon 3 used to be 3 days build, and they reduces it to 1...)

3- If I was going to spend that much time to build weapons, then you might want to make a siege s ballistic fleet... it will be worth your time a lot more imho

.. don t get me wrong, I would love to try these neg mortar on a Dread... actually I would already be working on a fleet if the build time was reasonable... but it`s just not...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:56 am 
Master Sailor
Master Sailor

Thanks for the advice Green!

I have no salv BP's yet though, so I might have to use peacemakers to start with :/ or even just make a few thud dnx to rank up and make an auto-salv HH fleet to help me get BP's >.< Cuz the peacemakers have even less damage for the weight than the nego3's lol

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:36 am 
Bpoutpost Moderator
Bpoutpost Moderator

Ok I see your point

It's hard for me to help you chose the right weapon, I'm not sure how PM's scale compared to their drac counterpart.
What I remember is that the dracs weapons usually give a much better dps/weight ratio..

I don't know how hard or long it would be to get a shockwave blueprint, but I think it would be worth it more to build empty dreads, leaving you 25 days+ to farm the pieces... (I believe shocks are tier 2 (level 31 salvage)

In 25 days you could start gearing dreads as auto salvage maybe... Ranking them up while hunting for bp... (just an idea)

I don't feel too confident about the right course of action here ; I ve never really been in this situation myself...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:05 am 
Master Sailor
Master Sailor

That was part of the advantage of negotiators - they would be great for auto-salving and getting those BP's for the next build.

Also thinking of simply halting dnx build to build a few HH-a's to auto salv with...