Online Strategy Guide for Facebooks browser game Battle Pirates by Kixeye

Strategy Advice, Gameplay Tips, Base Designs, Online Fleet Planner Shipyard

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:36 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:55 pm 
Bpoutpost Moderator
Bpoutpost Moderator

I have recently started making the Tier 3 on the weekly missions, but I do have to coin some repairs. It varies a bit, depending on my ship handling and my patience for both repairs and waiting for Pinch rockets to build.

At this point, I'm seeing about 3 coins (30 cents US) per 500,000 points. So, I'll be be at roughly $1.50 to get the Tier 3 random prize. For me, this is not excessive coining. I do play a substantial amount over the 3 days, but I don't have to dedicate all my time to waiting on repairs.

With the right fleets, and patience, I am sure it can be done without any coins involved, just res and repair time. But for a player that doesn't have higher end fleets - getting to Tier 3 with lower end fleets and a few pennies seems like a pretty decent compromise to me.

I'm using:

Stalker subs to take out Level 37 guard fleets: 4x Outpost fleets - 2 hours repair time

Ballistic Battle Cruisers to do the buildings - usually 45 to 1 hour repair per Outpost. Less repair time if I have a small or medium Pinch available to help the fleet take less damage. I have an Arbiter/Microwave Dampener 2 that I rotate in and out of the flag position that repairs while I continue using the fifth Battle Cruiser - that lets me get a bit more combat time in without stopping or coining as much.

So my questions are:

1) what amount of coins per weekly mission would be considered excessive? $5? $3 - or only $0 allowed?

2) What lower end fleets can do 2.5 million in the 3 days allowed? My experience is IR SW wolves and High Evade Light Cruisers can get you to Tier 2 without a problem, but not to Tier 3 unless you live at your keyboard, and maybe not even then unless you are coining some of your repairs.

Level 71 - World Alpha

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:44 am 
Bpoutpost Moderator
Bpoutpost Moderator

I don't coin weekly mission. I don't think I ever did.
And soo you won't have to either.

Anyone who's got a good baser fleet can do it easily. (I'm thinking about your upcomming dreads)

Personally I use my MCX (my old dreads work too)
It is possible to destroy a level 55 outpost in one attack.
Biggest source of dammage are the defending fleet. If 1 single mortar hit you, you'll take considerable dammage.

Anyways; over the course of 3 days, you have plenny of time to complete tier 3.
1-Start the event when you come back from work and then repair the ship
2-Before going to bed your fleet should be repaired so hit another one.
3-Wake up 15 minutes earlier than usually and hit a 55 before leaving for work.
4-Rince and repeat until you reach tier 3

I stopped wasting time using spectres some time ago.
I can almost do the 55's with a fleet of stingrays.
There's plenny of options out there, all you need is one good king kong fleet

***sry if it doesn t help for now... I wouldn t know the best course of action for the lower level...
Personally I think I'd try to do the same strategy but with a 45 or 37 base.. (use the full 3 days)

In 2015 I'll still be a pirate, but not in BP
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/about-the-game

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:01 pm 
Bpoutpost Moderator
Bpoutpost Moderator

Work? What is this thing "Work" that you speak of? :P

Yes, with a heavy hitter, taking Tier 3 should be a piece of cake, provided it is served with ample patience. Knocking down 45 and 55 level outposts then does become very "do-able". But without that higher level hull, what does a lower to mid level player do to start getting Tier 3 prizes?

The Sea Wolves will get you Tier 1 and possibly Tier 2 - hitting OP's up through 25. Light Cruisers will get your Tier 2 - OP's through 31, but are stymied at providing enough points for Tier 3. For me, Outpost 37 (and higher) are the key to Tier 3 in terms of earning enough points within the time limit.

It would seem to me that a good HHa/HHb or Mauler fleet should be able to take a 37, even with a guard fleet, if built correctly and do it with an acceptable amount of damage/repair time. The HH is a researchable hull, the HHa is a Tier 2 prize in the weekly missions, the Mauler was a prize that could be won "cooperatively" meaning a lower level could get it by assistance from a higher level. HHb is currently only available by making Tier 3 - which is the point of this whole thread - getting to Tier 3.

An HH/HHa/Mauler fleet with countermeasures, phalanx, Hailstorms, might be able to handle the guard ships and for sure should handle the buildings. Particularly if it has Maulers with SFB3 and a mix of Assault & Siege Missiles. If the guard ships present a problem, I've been having very good luck with my Stalkers taking out the guard fleet of a 37 with limited damage. I was pleasantly surprised to do 4 or 5 Level 37 Outpost guard fleets in a row and end up with only 34 minutes of repair time for my Stalker fleet.

When my DNX fleet is finished, Tier 3 woes will become a faint memory. But for many other players, I suspect Tier 3 will continue to present a serious challenge.

Level 71 - World Alpha

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:49 pm 
Bpoutpost Moderator
Bpoutpost Moderator

I never coined a weekly mission either and I can do it in 3 or 4 hours with minimal interuptiuons using my specs.

2 fleets of specs:
Cat spec kills the fleet (if somebody hasn't beaten me to it) and the 4 torp towers
Batt siege spec kills the turrets

Both attacks together in most cases take 15 to 20 minutes with zero repair time so i can comfortably do this 3 times in an hour.

This doesn't answer your question though ;)

Low level.
Marauders, add eng 1, 3 thud 4s and armour to make them 330 or less in total, build yourself 3 or 4 fleets of them and keep spamming them into 25 or lower OPs on auto, they will kill 20s in one go sometimes, anything lower you will auto with them, 25s will work best if you control them but it isn't entirely necessary, this will take you time but if you have time and those tiny little insta repair boats you can do it.

Low to mid level
Preds, you really need to get eng 2 or better on them but once you do use them to kill fleets, keep your little marauders chipping away on auto as much as you can but in between get your sub skills going.
A good tip when using low level subs is to pick the sonar ships and take them out first, in the case of 55 fleets you will notice that one of the dreads appears to have an empty weapon slot at the rear end, if memory serves is is the front right of the rear set, once identified target it because it is the only one that can hurt you while you are submerged.

Mid level
Do everything as above plus;
Get your wolves building, thud or cut missile will both work with similiar performance, use specials as high as you have (I would recomend waiting until you have level 3 specials but most people cant wait), like what you were doing with your marauders, keep them running out on auto, with level 3 specials it would be rare that any single ship takes more than insta repair damage from a 25.

Mid to high level.
Follow above advice but get your baser working as well, it will be good to rank it anyway, every time its repaired, send your preds to clear the guard from whatever level OP you are comfortable with, generally the lower the level the better the outcome but it will depend on how much time you have too. Use it to the best of your ability and have it repairing between fixing your insta repair fleets and time away from the game.

High level.
You dont need any of this advice, go get your points :)

A couple of final tips;

Dont forget to use your mercenary fleet, they are not good for a great deal of other things so you may as well use them.

Kill fleets first with subs, subs will work on minimal life so even if you do lose them you can have them back on the sea in a matter of minutes and they will greatly reduce your repair time on your main fleets.

Use your bookmarks, bookmark all of the nearby 25s and lower so you can easily and efficiently spam your low end auto fleets

If you know a low level player (around the 20 mark) consider moving near them for a while, if they are where they spawned chances are they will have a lot of low level targets near them and it will greatly increase you points per hour ratio.

Finally, if you know a helpful high level they may be willing to give you a boost by providing you with a shield, have them go in before you with their nice big and powerful (or more to the point well armoured)ship and stay behind them, thud wolves in particular are great for this, especially if they have level 3 specials.

A very good plan if you have a nearby helpful high ender with specs.
Use your preds to kill the guard, then spam torp towers with insta marauders, its going to take a few goes but you will get them, once you do have a high ender drive their bat spec in (yes, just 1) from one of the corners,(bat3, eng3 and a single havoc 1 works great for this) follow them in at the exact same angle about 7 seconds after (exact timing will depend on fleet speed) as they get near the turrets they will start firing at the spec, they will not hurt it while submerged so here is your chance, keep further behind than the spec and as soon as you get in range start turning around ready to make your escape.
If you have thud, AL3, Eng3 and HB3 you will kill a 55 turret in a single run allowing both you and the spec time to get away, with timing and practice you can even get 2 turrets per run and neither you nor the spec driver need take any damage

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:32 am 
Bpoutpost Moderator
Bpoutpost Moderator

Tatoosh wrote:
Work? What is this thing "Work" that you speak of? :P

My fleet of dreads can kill a level 55 in one attack, is what I meant

My main theory about the game (and I'm gonna be off-topic a bit here)
is that you have to rush only once to get a top prize (or a heavy base hitter)
and as soon as you have finished building that fleet, everything will be much easier afterward.

@ tatoosh ; and others in the same situation,
I know you won dreads last event, and if you build it asap using lower tier bp (Shockwave-L preferably), it will be easy to complete the mission with my strategy.
Without Dreads, use a SC, maurauder, mercury, or even a HH-(A-B) could do a good job in a 55.

But the trick to it is to drive it carefully to avoid mortar from the fleet, destroying the torp tower is your next priority and avoid unnecessary dammage by staying at max range from your targets...
If you use mortars, you can pinch the first few enemy fleet under the missile platform to maximise your splash dammage.

In 2015 I'll still be a pirate, but not in BP
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/about-the-game

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:47 pm 
Master Sailor
Master Sailor

Huge wall of text! Lol!

U have battlecruisers? With engines and hardened barrels, and guidance scrambler you can destroy a prepped 37 outpost with only an hour of repairs - or 2 coins for a relatively quick 80k. You can get newbs to prep for u, or use preds or well-outfitted stalkers to prep them yourself for an additional 30k points.

Might also wanna consider HHA thuds if only to fill up the WH's.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:46 am 
Stowaway
Stowaway

I've never coined the FM. I used to use my high evade battle cruisers and hit 31s with almost instant repair. While doing that I would use my Shock DNX fleet and hit 55s and repair every 8 hrs or so. But ever since I've had cudas from one of the Drac hunts. I can now take out 45s in two attacks with little to no damage. I usually don't have to repair them until I hit the 2.5 mill.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:07 am 
Stowaway
Stowaway

I don't coin the weekly. I am retired, and I have plenty of time.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:46 pm 
Stowaway
Stowaway

One of the guys in my sector put together a nice new prep fleet made of BC's fitted for speed, with Piranha 2's on deck. He takes out the fleets in a 37 with it and only has instant repairs once they time out and go home.

I brainstormed in USY a bit and found that you can put 5 piranha 1's on a SW, along with engine3, GS3, and Layered Armor 3, with a Steel 2 in armor to bring it up to 5 minutes in raid repairs (10 minutes regular repairs). I'm thinking that in addition to being good for shredding defense fleets in the weekly, they'll probably be pretty nasty against military fleets in the monthly raid. The Piranhas are useless against buildings however (both in the weekly and raids), and probably aren't much good against Typhoons either - they'll probably make a nasty dent in Nemesis tho.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:57 pm 
Bpoutpost Moderator
Bpoutpost Moderator

Some great input here! Most of the "no coiners" seem to have access to higher hulls, though grinding 31's down with SW is something I've done a whole lot of myself. I'm not sure that Battle Cruiser fleet, even without armor is going to be much quicker repair than sub 660 Sea Wolves, but they do have substantially improved resistance inherent in them. I use highly armored (D3-E) to do Level 37's currently, as I mentioned.

The idea of running a fleet of BC's with Piranhas is intriguing and just why I love opening these sorts of discussions up. Wholly unexpected but it sounds very interesting and something a mid-level that needs to start getting to Tier 3 in the weekly missions might be able to put together.

And that is really the thrust of this thread for me. I do believe a little coining is good or there will be no game at all. Whether Kixeye deserves the amount of profit they get is a different matter, but if they don't see something for putting the game together, there would be no game at all. Now, I prefer to spend little and none at all when possible.

Like pyropappy, I too am retired. And I need to make each and every one of my pennies count. And though I do put a fair amount of time into the game, I have other interests. So the 3 days constant grind things is ... not high on my list - Ill do a few hours every day, no prob and I will grind away if I have too - I sure did to get my Mauler and DNX hulls

But even with grinding, Tier 3 always seemed a bit beyond my grasp, until recently. So I have all the Tier 1 and 2 prizes - no problemo there. But Tier 3 - I've just started making it and so I will have to patiently go through a chunk of crappy prizes to get the ones I really want. And I can only hope they put some of the old ones back up - Speed System 3 & Strike System 3 - both are very useful but not currently available.

Level 71 - World Alpha