Online Strategy Guide for Facebooks browser game Battle Pirates by Kixeye

Strategy Advice, Gameplay Tips, Base Designs, Online Fleet Planner Shipyard

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:28 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:32 am 
Stowaway
Stowaway

almost at the 2 mill mark and dont think i will get to 3 mill in this raid so wondering what
hull i should get, was thinking the Battle ship since i have the bc would the bcx be a better choice.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:21 am 
Bpoutpost Moderator
Bpoutpost Moderator

BS is not a bad ship... but you will be able to get much better than that as you get stronger...
BS is easily outclassed by ... well ... every other tier 1 prizes released after the BS...

On the other hand, BCX is blazing fast and has top of the line built-in resist and evade...
This hull has it's own category, and is still going to be useful at higher level.

I guess since you have BC already, it may sound redundant, but I think BS is a dead-end...

In 2015 I'll still be a pirate, but not in BP
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/about-the-game

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:52 am 
Master Sailor
Master Sailor

I agree, even if kixeye offers to refit the battleship hull the bcx will build faster and cheaper and are tough fvf fighters. I only built 2 battleships, but have a full fleet of bc torps and a bcx ballistic fleet.

Now I have rays I don't use either bc or bcx that much, but I might refit the bcx to a pure anti-sub fleet in the future.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:13 am 
Stowaway
Stowaway

thanks for the input, just short of 2 right now, might try and get 3 mill
was thinking the mauler if i get there, any other ships i should look at for the 3 mill mark.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:23 am 
Master Sailor
Master Sailor

Mercury if you can get it, then mauler... neither are in the FM

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:59 am 
Stowaway
Stowaway

This menu hull raid is considered choosing. I got what I wanted in 2 days not without coining and now helping all my large ally considered what to get and doing targets for them for bonus. I tell my low level to get a Light cruiser (or LCX), Battle Barge A or a Battlecruiser (or X). These are upgrade from what you could reseach in Naval lab. My Mid level 30's/40's level I said HHA or HHB or Sea Scop A if by chance get into the 3rd tier I say mercury or mauler. My high level over 50's String Ray, DNX, Triton. Thresher or if possible MCX and the fall back are the mercury or mauler.

For Baser attacking: DNX, Thresher, Triton, SCX and MCX depends what you put on it and surprise Hellstrike.

For Base Defense: Goliath, Guardian, Triton, Thresher & Jug X and not surprising Hellstrike. You have to beef up the armor and special. Taking something out to get more armor or weapons is a must. If you want to be sneakie use String Rays with Pianha Depth Charges. Maninly for subs, I seen one String kill a who fleet of DNX mortars.

For FVF: String Ray, Cuda, Mercury, MCX, Interdictor, Spectre, Mako and Hellstrike. No one wants to fight FvF anymore. I go into any base hitter face if I catch them.

For Weekly & some major Raid. MCX, String Ray, SCX, Mercury, Mako, Battleship. Doing low level targets under lvl 30 on auto kill. SW, SS&SSA, Strings, Mercury, MCX, Strike Cruiser and BC(BCX).
I have not seen the Hellstrike in action in player used mode. So that up in the air.

Roberto (Bob)
Sector 167 Leader of 1SF
Played BP since 2011 and Dark Sea era.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:46 am 
Bpoutpost Moderator
Bpoutpost Moderator

@ Roberto

Just to be an ass ; where would you put the Hurricane?
For base attacking : Mauler (is the first 3 special base hitting hull)

Other than this omission, I agree with you

In 2015 I'll still be a pirate, but not in BP
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/about-the-game